A Bible Study For You ... Us

A Bible Study For You ... Us
Join me in reading through the Bible and sharing thoughts, questions or impacts that arise from God's Word!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Leviticus

LEVITICUS 1
I find it interesting (that's not exactly the word I want to use but can't think of the word I want) that the idea of putting your sin on an innocent to be sacrificed to cover us is reinforced here. The first instance of something being sacrificed to cover human sin was when God made clothes for Adam and Eve from animal skins to cover the sin of their nakedness, or rather the sin of acquiring the knowledge of nakedness.

I hadn't realized that those bringing the animals for sacrifice slaughtered the animals themselves and prepared the pieces for sacrifice. The priests sprinkle the blood and place the offering on the fire. I nhad been under the impression that those seeking atonement brought their animals and the priests did everything else.

LIVITICUS 3
All the fat belongs to God. We are not to eat animal blood or fat.

No comments: