A Bible Study For You ... Us

A Bible Study For You ... Us
Join me in reading through the Bible and sharing thoughts, questions or impacts that arise from God's Word!

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Matthew 5:7-8

7. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.

I need mercy. The number of mistakes I make on any given day ... I am so glad that our Lord Jesus Christ has an unending supply of mercy.

I must remember that and extend mercy to others. Even if I feel hurt or rejected or wronged in any way. I must remember that I repeatedly fall short and relinquish my self-righteousness in favor of reaching out for the righteousness of Christ.

8. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
The word for heart is καρδία kardia (kär-dē'-ä) which means, literally, the heart. It also means the thoughts and feelings or mind in a figurative sense.

Easton's Bible Dictionary describes it as the center of spiritual life: the soul or mind as the fountain of our thoughts, passions, desires, purposes, etc.

I will continue to struggle with keeping my thoughts, words, actions, etc. pure because I really want to see the face of God.

No comments: