A Bible Study For You ... Us

A Bible Study For You ... Us
Join me in reading through the Bible and sharing thoughts, questions or impacts that arise from God's Word!

Monday, September 10, 2012

Matthew 5:11-12

11. Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me.

Taunted, persecuted, lied to in every way because of a belief in Jesus Christ and who He is. If ever it happens to you, remember that you will be supremely blest because of it. Lay it at the feet of Jesus, give it all to Him, because He has no problem handling it so you don't have to take it on yourself.

12. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Cheerfully jump for joy thinking about how huge your gain will be in heaven, like those inspired speakers of God's truth before you.

I always have the same reaction when I read about rewards or crowns to be received in heaven. I don't think I'm going to arrive to a whole bunch of accolades about hot great I am for what I did here on earth. I'm definitely not great! More than that though, I don't feel any desire for anything extra in heaven, I just want to be there. I can't imagine anything better than simply being in His presence and feeling full acceptance. I just can't grasp the idea that any rewards could make that experience better.

No comments: