A Bible Study For You ... Us

A Bible Study For You ... Us
Join me in reading through the Bible and sharing thoughts, questions or impacts that arise from God's Word!

Friday, September 7, 2012

Matthew 5:6

6. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.

The word for righteousness is δικαιοσύνη dikaiosynē (dē-kī-o-sü'-nā) which means equity of character or justification. Easton's Bible Dictionary explains it as the state of being as we ought to be, the condition acceptable to God.

How encouraging to know that those who hunger and thirst for being or acting in a way acceptable to God will one day reach that goal.

I realize that this condition is made possible only through the sacrifice that Jesus made for us. There is nothing more I can do to make myself acceptable to God.

Loving Him makes me want to be a better example of someone who follows Christ. I never want to act in a manner that would turn people away from Him.

Lord, help me to be a light for you in this world.

No comments: