A Bible Study For You ... Us

A Bible Study For You ... Us
Join me in reading through the Bible and sharing thoughts, questions or impacts that arise from God's Word!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Response to: Just for fun-patterns-Abraham Cave, Hebron

First off, this is EXACTLY why I set this blog up. I needed a place to put down my own thoughts about God's Word and hopefully get feedback from others who may or may not have a different point of view.

Wow! There was so much here I can't even comment, except that I just did. I'm just going to absorb this information and then read it a couple more times. Maybe I will have something more insightful to say at a later date.

From one nut to another ... I too pray that I can be an almond. Lord help us to be the first "to arouse and awake from the sleep of winter".

My thoughts on "winter" are from Song of Solomon 2:11 (NASB) "For behold, the winter is past, The rain is over and gone." In this case (according to Strong's) winter is from an unused root meaning to hide; winter - as the dark season.

Wesley's Notes express my feelings on winter perfectly: "Spiritual troubles arising from a deep sense of the guilt of sin, the wrath of God, the curse of the law; all which made them afraid to come unto God."

I am no longer afraid to come to God but I still have a deep sense of sin and worthlessness from the one who wants to separate me from Jesus. May I just say, "Watch out Lucifer, here come the almond blossoms!"

No comments: