A Bible Study For You ... Us

A Bible Study For You ... Us
Join me in reading through the Bible and sharing thoughts, questions or impacts that arise from God's Word!

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Deuteronomy 5:5-10

God punishes three to four generations of those who hate him. He shows His love to a thousand generations of those who love Him and keep His commandments. This really strikes me as an example of how loving our God is ... punishes for three or four generations but loves for a thousand generations. It also makes me wish I knew more about my past generations.


My Native Alaskan great-great grandfather had the "white man" name of Charlie Moses. Was this name chosen by him or for him? Was he the leader of his tribe (I have a vague memory of being told he was), making the Moses part more meaningful?


My grandmother, Alpha, watched the Crystal Cathedral and her whole life seemed to show God's love flowing through her.


My great-grandmother, Lucy , had a beautiful compact bible covered in purple velvet with a decorative cross on the front and translated to German. There was a lock of red baby hair in it, but I don't know whose it was. My mother remembers having to put a doily on her head at church if she didn't have a hat. I believe that was while she was staying with Grandma Lucy.


That is about the extent of my knowledge regarding the beliefs of past generations. Basically nothing.


That was quite a tangent.

No comments: