A Bible Study For You ... Us

A Bible Study For You ... Us
Join me in reading through the Bible and sharing thoughts, questions or impacts that arise from God's Word!

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Isaiah 58:8

Lord God, please help me to focus on you and your word.

When trying to draw near to God I cannot simply go about doing whatever I want. I must consider each action, each word and each thought ... for each one consider, "Is this pleasing to God?".

8. Then your light will break out like the dawn, And your recovery will speedily spring forth; And your righteousness will go before you; The glory of the Lord will be your rear guard.

Recovery will spring forth...

אֲרוּכָה
arukah (ar·ü·kä): wholeness, health, perfected

צָמַח
tsamach (tsä·makh): to sprout; bud, grow, cause to spring forth or spring up

So, not only will luminous light and happiness burst into me and my life but also a wholeness in health and spirit will grow rapidly within me?

This sounds fantastic!

Righteousness will go before me and the glory of God will watch behind me.

NLT: Your godliness will lead you forward, and the glory of the LORD will protect you from behind."
 
יְהֹוָה
Yĕhovah (yeh·hō·vä): the self-Existent or Eternal; Jehovah = "the existing one"

אָסַף
acaph (ä·saf): to gather (in, together, up again)

I will walk with my face looking to God and He who is and always will be will gather me up.

I love that He gathers me up. The idea of us gathering up our children when they are hurt, scared or in danger is the picture I get of my loving Father in heaven gathering me up.

Today I can go about all the tasks I have to do with a picture of God holding me close in His arms while pouring light and happiness and wholeness into my life.

Feeling loved.

No comments: