A Bible Study For You ... Us

A Bible Study For You ... Us
Join me in reading through the Bible and sharing thoughts, questions or impacts that arise from God's Word!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Isaiah 58:11-12

11. And the LORD will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire in scorched places, and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail.

So comforting to thing of God always being with me. Guiding me, caring for me, strengthening me, filling me up so much that what He gives me spills out to others like "a spring whose waters never fail".

Lord, let me not turn off the tap or block the waters. Let me be a source of your living water for others.

12. Those from among you will rebuild the ancient ruins; You will raise up the age-old foundations; and you will  be called the repairer of the breach, the restorer of the streets in which to dwell.

In a literal translation ancient ruins = the wastes of forever and age-old foundations = the foundation of generation and generation.

A literal translation: "And those who come of you shall build the old ruins; you shall rear the foundations of many generations; and you shall be called the Repairer of the breach, the restorer of paths to live in."

Sounds like the work World Vision does. They go to the wastelands (literal and figurative wastes) to help build up the children for impact on future generations.They fill in the gaps and help make communities more livable.

No, I don't work for World Vision. I simply admire the work they do.

No comments: