A Bible Study For You ... Us

A Bible Study For You ... Us
Join me in reading through the Bible and sharing thoughts, questions or impacts that arise from God's Word!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Numbers 11

It would appear that God will only put up with complaints when He is providing for all needs for so long. I'm thinking I should remember God's fire when I am feeling "Poor-Me" ish. God has provided far more than my mere needs.

I'm not sure why I had always imagined manna as a little wafer that tasted of honey, no cooking or preparation required. Clearly, not the case.

Moses originally tried to decline the task God had set before him. He never wanted the job. Here he please with the Lord. What have I done to deserve this? If this is to be my existence, please kill me now.

God tells Moses that he won't have to do it on his own any longer and could choose 70 men to assist him. I'm pretty sure God was doing most of the heave lifting all along. However, I also know He carries my burdens on His shoulders yet lately I've been feeling all alone and I can't do it all alone. I guess I just need to remember that I am not ever alone.

Somehow whenever I think of God sending quails I think of it as a one time, one night event. No, it was an entire month. God said He would send quail every day for a month until they were all sick of it.

I love that after everything Moses has seen the Lord do, he still doubts. When I say I love it what I really mean is that it makes me smile and reminds me once again that Moses was just a man. The only reason he is remembered and written about is that God specifically chose him.

The Lord's answer also makes me smile as I think of how many time I have doubted God myself. In the forefront of my mind I'm always in the mindframe that God can do anything because I know this is true. In the back of my mind however, there is always this little bit of doubt that He will do anything that I ask of Him. After all, He didn't let me keep my baby when I asked for that while having a miscarriage. He sen Layne off to a different state. Obama was elected. Then I remember that I do have at least a couple of prayers that I know fully were answered in the affirmative from our God that is ALWAYS good.

I feel like I've gone off track. Where was I? Oh yeah! Moses doubting God's ability to feed so many, so much for so long.

A wind blew the quail in from the sea. I didn't know quail were from the sea. What am I missing?

That's a LOT of quail! Three feet deep and a day's walk in any direction from the camp.

So, God provided meat in great abundance because that is what the people were demanding and whining about most. Then, before they could consume it He struck them with a great plague. Note taken! When God is raining down blessings every single day, providing for our needs. Don't complain about the blessings and especially don't say life was better before He freed you. I'm ashamed to admit it but I have had those "want to go back to Egypt" thoughts myself. They are almost always immediately followed by laughing at myself at the thought that I was handling my life better than God is currently doing. Is there any thought more foolish?

No comments: